Terms and Conditions of Use
May 3, 2016
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
- Limitations of Use.
- The Content on the Website is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation.
- While visiting the Website, you may not:
- Post, transmit, or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Website in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Website;
- Post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, worm, or other harmful or disruptive component; or
- Copy, modify, download, upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software, or other material obtained through the Website which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works with respect hereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder.
- Any unauthorized use of the Website or its Content is prohibited.
- Trademark. HAS is the owner of its trademarked names, logos, and icons used throughout the Website and these trademarks are protected by law. Trademarks may not be reproduced without the prior written permission from an authorized representative of HAS.
- Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on the Website or may be accessible via links from the Website. HAS shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on the Website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief or opinion of HAS.
- The information, content, and other services available through the Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. HAS makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, or accuracy of the information, content, and other services contained on the Website for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all such information, content, AND other services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind.
- HAS hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the information, content, and services offered through and/or contained on the Website, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. HAS expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that:
- Operation of the Website will meet the your requirements;
- Website will be free from viruses or other harmful components;
- Communications to or from the Website will be secure and not intercepted;
- Capabilities offered on the Website will be uninterrupted; or
- Access to the Website will be free from errors or defects or that such errors or defects will be corrected.
- Limitation of Liability. HAS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT. HAS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the City of Houston, Texas, harmless for all claims, causes of actions, liabilities, fines, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, court costs, and all other defense costs and interest) sustained in connection with or incidental to your use of or inability to use the website.
- Recourse. If you are dissatisfied with the Website or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of HAS in operating the Website, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
- Contact. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact HAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.