All five terminals at IAH are connected by an above-ground automated people-mover (Skyway) and an underground train (Subway).
Skyway Automated People-Mover
The above-ground Skyway provides transportation between terminals while inside security.
- Departs every two minutes from the Skyway stations in Terminals A, B, C and D/E
- Free, operates every day
- Signs to Skyway stations are marked “Skyway”
The total Skyway travel time from the Terminal A station to the Terminal D/E station is 4 minutes, 15 seconds.View map.
***At this time, the subway train system is closed for repairs. There are shuttle buses temporarily available for use.***
The below-ground Subway train provides transportation between terminals while outside security (pre-security).
- Departs every three minutes from the Subway stations in Terminals A, B, C, D/E, and the Airport Marriott
- Free, operates every day from 3:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Closed between 12:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
- Signs to the Subway stations are marked “Subway”
The trip time between one Subway station and the next is approximately 3 minutes.View map.