Commercial Vehicle Permits
Open 8 am - 4 pm
Closed for lunch 12 pm to 1 pm
8 am - 12 pm
Office closed City Holidays
The Ground Transportaion Center - 281-230-3179
Payments may be made by credit/debit card only
Apply Online for the Commercial Vehicle Permit
Apply on-line for the commercial vehicle permit including the TNC (Uber/Lyft) Permit.
- create an account
- click “permits and licensing”
- apply on line
- jurisdiction is Houston Airports
- project type is Transportation Permits
- click “Get Started on a New Application”
- Select an Application Type “(TNC) Transportation Network Company”
- Enter your address
- Enter your complete information if you are the driver. Business Name is Uber or Lyft.
- Files to be uploaded are: Current copy of your driver’s license, your current vehicle liability insurance, and current vehicle registration. All are required to be current with dates clearly visible.
- Once all fields are complete then “submit”. We will contact you for a time for you to come to the permitting office to obtain your TNC Permit.
You will receive an email with a link to schedule a time for you to come and pick up your permit. Please bring your active app on your cell phone and your original documents.
By applying on line you understand that: The e-signature, as the applicant(s), and or the permittee(s) agrees: (A) have read the application in its entirety including any attachment(s) and Division 3 of the city ordinance; (B) and that this application is accurate, complete and not misleading; (C) and that the applicant remains responsible jointly and severally for compliance with applicable regulations at all times while operating on airport property, notwithstanding permit provisions or contrary information received from any other source; (D) the applicant also agree to notify the Director in writing of any changes in the application or permit on or before the 10th business day following the date of change or be subjected to revocation or suspension of airport use permit(s). Permittee(s) are aware of and will follow all Chapter 9, Chapter 46, House Bill 100 Chapter 2402, and the HAS Operating Instructions applicable, and acknowledges and agrees to abide by these regulations, policies and all valid (oral or written) instructions given by the Director or his or her representative(s).
Commercial Vehicle FormsForm AUP1
Taxicab ServiceForm 90-01 Operating Instructions
From 95-06 Enforcement and Appeal
Transportation Network Company (TNC)
A TNC is an organization, whether a corporation, partnership, sole proprietor, or other form, operating in the City of Houston that provides transportation services for compensation using an online enabled application (app) or platform to connect passengers with drivers using their personal vehicles as outlined in City Ordinances Chapter 9 and Chapter 46.
TNC Reference Guide
Updated HOU Staging Area Map